I have been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Jess at https://jessicabakkers.com/the-written-word/ Jess has a Wonderful blog that is as Varied in it’s Writing as she is! You should check her out!
This award is designed for people who have a ‘real neat blog’! Thank you Jess!
Those participating should:
Put the award logo on your blog. Thank the people who nominated you. Answer 7 questions by the person who nominated you. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.). Ask your nominees 7 questions.
My answers to Jess’s questions:
- What is your main inspiration as a writer? Which writers inspire you?
My main inspiration has been my life experiences. I also delve into that fantasy world of my mind that is so fun to play in! The list of writers that inspire me grows almost daily, especially since becoming more involved in the WordPress Community. It’s amazing how many talented people there are here!
- What is your favorite scene from a book/movie/any other media?
It’s pretty hard to pick just one, but I love this: During the Sex and the City sitcom, Carrie Bradshaw is telling Mr. Big “I am someone looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-you love.”
- What is your favorite book genre?
It varies, but for the most part, I like crime/thriller type of stories.
- What motivates you to write?
At first it was strictly my life experiences that i wanted to retell. But any more it’s more than that. I’ve realized a creative side to me that needs to have an outlet. Writing is that outlet.
- What’s the best book you ever read and why?
Hands down, the book The Stand by Stephen King. I’ve read the book 4 times, I think and discover new things every time. It is such an amazing story of good verses evil.
- What is the worst book you’ve ever read and why?
This book was so poorly written, that I could not make it all the way to the end of the book. I know there are many of you that will disagree with me, but the book 50 Shades of Gray had such poor spelling and use of grammar, I threw it down in disgust. I will have to see the movie I suppose.
- Which character (from any media) would you be best friends with?
Although there are many to choose from, I think it would be great fun to be friends with John Grisham. I would love a peek inside that wonderful brain of his to see what inspires him!
- What person in your life has been your biggest supporter and why?
- What person in your life has been your biggest inspiration and why?
- What person dead or alive would you like to have coffee (or beverage of your choice) with today?
- Why did you start a WordPress Blog?
- Do you have a ritual or routine when it comes to your writing? What is it?
Please note: It is in NO way mandatory for you to participate. If you wish not to participate for any reason, I won’t mind, I promise!
I hope you have as much fun with this as I did and thank you again Jess!